Applications may be submitted by U.S. or Messenger Mail:
Institute for Advanced Technology in
Alderman Library, University of Virginia
P.O. Box 400115,
Charlottesville, VA 22903-4115.
Please include the following with your application:
Applicants should respond to each of the following items in their Fellowship proposals,
and may include whatever other supporting information they wish to provide.
- Describe the research that you would pursue if you were granted
a fellowship at the Institute (please include a timeline).
- Describe the role of information technology in your project.
- Briefly explain why your project reflects IATH's mission of
relating information technology to research in the Humanities.
- Detail how your project, once completed, will also benefit
the research or teaching of other scholars.
- Give a budget and justifcation of any expenses necessary for
the successful completion of your project in the following categories:
travel, conference planning and organization, equipment, software,
or electronic information resources or services.
- What other support, in direct funding or release time, have you already
secured, or do you plan to seek, for this project?
- What other electronic research are you aware of that is relevant
to your own project, either in content or in method?
Also include the following with your application:
- a current curriculum vitae.
- (UVa applicants only:) A statement of support from your department's
Chair, agreeing to provide you with at least half-time teaching release
for one year and ten hours a week from a graduate research assistant
during the academic year, should you receive a Resident Fellowship.
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
Box 400115, University of Virginia, Charlottesville VA 22904-4115
Voice: (434) 924-4527 Fax: (434) 982-2363